I am discovering that through social media, I have an opportunity -- even a responsibility -- to give to others. Of course, I am trying to give in other ways as well including financial donations. However, one thing REACT Services has always been about is promoting Open Source and helping others realize that the more you give away, the more you get. That is not WHY I give, but it is a principle.
So what can I give to others?
I can give knowledge, information, and, to the degree I might have any, wisdom. I can give and/or pass on encouragement, motivation and inspiration.
The easiest thing I can do is give support by promoting others I appreciate and their work. In that way I give attention, admiration and respect. I can value others with my words.
Through Twitter, I am certainly learning that I might be able to bring a smile to people in 140 characters or less. In addition, I can retweet, share, and like! I can pursue giving love, hope and laughter.
I can give whatever I have, to whomever I can, as generously as I dare through thanks, appreciation and gratitude.
As Becky Robinson says (the inspiration behind this blog), "The power is in the gift."
What will you be giving today?
No comments:
Post a Comment