I have never been a big fan of the phrase "Christian music." In fact, I rarely see anything good coming out of the use of the word Christian as an adjective. Feel free to send me your favorite usages, but know that most all of the good ones seem to have already been taken (Christian books, tapes, schools, and one of my personal favs -- Christian politicians).Having said all that, Christianity Today (CT) magazine just listed their top Christian albuims of the year. So who do you think put together the best music of 2005? I might have said U2, but the release date for How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb was November 2004.
Here's CT's list and believe me, I don't know many of them, but I do know the number one: Switchfoot's, Nothing is Sound. Kind a cool that SF is one of the bands that both my two 18 year olds and I like.
http://www.christianitytoday.com/music/reviews/2005/2005bestof.html
No comments:
Post a Comment